CMC Recycling has operated in Florence for more than 15 years, serving customers throughout the Pee Dee region. When customers come to recycle their scrap metal at CMC Recycling they’ll be met by friendly and eager staff, happy to help make the entire process as smooth and positive as possible.
We offer a quick and easy process for customers to recycle their scrap materials. Our facility features expansive paved driveways, which provide plenty of room to easily maneuver cars, trucks and trailers around the scrap yard. Our highly experienced staff will guide customers through each step in the process, from unloading and evaluating your scrap, to weighing and issuing payment. Our scales are regularly inspected and certified, so you can be confident that you’re getting the best value for your scrap.
We’re located off Liberty Chapel Road, just behind Francis Marion University. We look forward to seeing you soon, and to continuing to provide the Florence community with all its metal recycling needs!
5308 Liberty Chapel Rd.
Florence, SC 29506
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sign up through text or email to access our recycling perks! You could receive special offers to earn more money for your scrap metal, unique product giveaways or invitations to customer events.
Stay ConnectedSign up with CMC Recycling to stay in touch! We’ll send pricing updates, specials on scrap metal and notices on upcoming special events (and don't worry, we won’t share your information with any third parties).
To receive text messages from CMC Recycling Florence, text CMCFLO to 24587(standard message delivery and data rates may apply per your carrier and related service agreements).
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 2.33/LB
- No. 2 Copper 2.21/LB
- LT Copper 1.95/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% call for pricing
- Yellow Brass 1.67/LB
- Red Brass 1.69/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) 0.65/LB
- Brass Radiators 1.48/LB
- Irony Brass Radiators 0.96/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.26/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.43/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.16/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 1.03/LB
- Clean Lead call for pricing
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.11/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- #1 Prepared 6.25/CWT
- #1 Unprepared 5.50/CWT
- #2 Prepared 0.00/CWT
- #2 Unprepared 0.00/CWT
- Cast Iron 0.00/CWT
- Shred/Tin 5.50/CWT
First-time customers will need to show a valid photo ID so we can set up an account for you. After weighing your material, you sign your receipt at the payment window and receive a ticket to obtain your cash at our ATM machine, located on site.
South Carolina state law requires a permit to sell any non-ferrous metals like copper or brass, excluding aluminum cans. This can be acquired at your local sheriff’s office. If you are selling any copper items, we are required to pay via check, but all other items can be paid in cash.
Vehicles being sold must be older than 12 years old and should be towed in if a title isn’t available.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Cylinders or other containers of compressed gas (including propane)
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- PCB containing materials such as capacitors or light ballasts
- Lead iron pipes
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
“Great place to do business with.”