CMC Recycling in Lexington serves an approximate 100-mile radius, providing scrap metal recycling services for industrial businesses, small businesses and individuals. We offer full-service industrial roll-off container services to collect scrap at your site, as well as scrap management solutions and logistical support to provide a broad range of solutions and opportunities to our customers.
When you visit, you will find courteous, knowledgeable experts ready to help you with all your metal recycling needs. We are your recycling partner, utilizing CMC’s global network to help provide you the best price for your scrap metal. Our yard is clean and secure, offering a customer unloading area that is safe and efficient.
CMC Recycling is proudly involved in our community, working with local fire departments, law enforcement and schools. We are also involved in the South Carolina Recycler’s Association and Richland County Recycles Day. Our dedicated team of professionals strives to make a difference in our community through community involvement and environmental stewardship.
2308 Two Notch Rd.
Lexington, SC 29072
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sign up through text or email to access our recycling perks! You could receive special offers to earn more money for your scrap metal, unique product giveaways or invitations to customer events.
Stay ConnectedSign up with CMC Recycling to stay in touch! We’ll send pricing updates, specials on scrap metal and notices on upcoming special events (and don't worry, we won’t share your information with any third parties).
To receive text messages from CMC Recycling Lexington, text CMCLEX to 24587(standard message delivery and data rates may apply per your carrier and related service agreements).
Last updated: 10/7/2021 9:02:21 AM CT
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 2.90/LB
- No. 2 Copper 2.70/LB
- LT Copper 2.46/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% 1.75/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% 0.95/LB
- Bare Bright Copper 3.00/LB
- Yellow Brass 1.72/LB
- Red Brass 1.97/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) 0.46/LB
- Brass Radiators 1.42/LB
- Irony Brass Radiators 0.70/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.35/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.34/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.40/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.39/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.41/LB
- Aluminum Extrusion (100% Clean) 0.46/LB
- Aluminum Extrusion (5% FE) 0.34/LB
- Old Sheet Aluminum (5% FE) 0.32/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.53/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.21/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 1.07/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel (under 4') 0.44/LB
- Clean Lead 0.37/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.07/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- #1 Prepared 8.00/CWT
- #1 Unprepared 5.60/CWT
- 3' Prepared P&S Steel 9.25/CWT
- Incomplete cars - missing motor or other major parts 6.25/CWT
- Whole Cars - w/ motor & transmission 6.75/CWT
- Unprepared P&S Steel 6.85/CWT
- Shred/Tin 6.25/CWT
Please bring a valid state-issued ID when selling your scrap metal. Payment will be made with a voucher up to $1,000 that is redeemable at our onsite ATM. Any amount over $1,000 will be paid with a check.
Note that South Carolina law prohibits cash payments for certain regulated items including copper, AC radiators and catalytic converters. You may also need to provide a recycler’s permit through the County Sheriff’s Department to sell your scrap. This is free to obtain and expires after two years. Sellers scrapping vehicles are required to provide the title of ownership or an affidavit of ownership if the vehicle is older than 12 model years.
Please call our office to discuss your recycling needs and any questions you may have about the payment process.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Cylinders or other containers of compressed gas (including propane)
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- PCB containing materials such as capacitors or light ballasts
- Lead iron pipes
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
"Friendly group of employees"