CMC Recycling on Good Latimer in Dallas is home to the original site of CMC’s first recycling yard, established in 1915. Building on this heritage as your trusted recycling partner, we strive to provide the highest levels of professionalism, competitive pricing, and deep local market knowledge for all our valued customers. As a leader in metals recycling, we cover North Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma with the full breadth of scrap management solutions.
We welcome all customers, from large industrial accounts to small businesses and individuals. Our yard is conveniently located near Deep Ellum at the intersection of Good Latimer and Hickory and is designed to maximize recycling efficiencies for you, creating the greatest value for your scrap. For smaller loads, customers can bypass the larger drop off entrance and use our Recycling Express facility, located directly across the street from the main yard. Walk-in customers are welcome and will be treated with prompt, courteous service.
We are committed to the community where we live and work. And are proud to support the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Booker T. Washington School for The Performing and Visual Arts, where we host an annual Scrap Can be Beautiful exhibit and contest for students.
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 3.96/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% call for pricing
- No. 2 Copper 3.62/LB
- LT Copper 3.57/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel 0.72/LB
- Yellow Brass 2.56/LB
- Red Brass 2.99/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) call for pricing
- Brass Radiators 2.24/LB
- Irony Brass Radiators 1.43/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.86/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.57/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.54/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.60/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.62/LB
- 6061 Alum (no plate/sheet) 0.62/LB
- 6063 Aluminum 1.23/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.79/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.90/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 1.78/LB
- Aluminum Coolers 0.52/LB
- Clean Lead 0.62/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.13/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- #1 Prepared 11.00/CWT
- #1 Unprepared 10.00/CWT
- Cast Iron 13.00/CWT
- Shred/Tin 9.25/CWT
Our payment guidelines for individuals are based on Dallas City Ordinances. You will need to sign up for a Cash Transaction Card through the Texas Department of Public Safety in advance. Once you receive the card, you can provide it and a valid ID in order to receive cash on the same day you deliver scrap. Otherwise, you will need to provide a valid ID to have a check mailed to you as payment for your scrap. Checks are typically mailed on the same day as the transaction.
If you are representing a business that is selling scrap, please bring a business card for verification and we will provide a check for payment on the same day.
Please call our office if you have any questions or need clarification on our payment guidelines.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Cylinders or other containers of compressed gas (including propane)
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- PCB containing materials such as capacitors or light ballasts
- Lead iron pipes
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
"No matter how far I am I will always come to this place -- they take care of me all the time and the staff is very helpful... good place to come too and fast service."