CMC Recycling has been serving the Spartanburg area from our location on Asheville Highway since 2003. Our success is driven by our top notch customer service, and our team is committed to ensuring all our customers have the best experience possible when recycling their scrap metal with CMC Recycling.
We take pride in keeping our facilities clean and safe, and we look forward to continuing to provide our metal recycling services to the greater Cherokee, Greenville and Spartanburg counties in an honest and environmentally-friendly manner. Our staff are ready to assist you with all your scrap metal recycling needs, so come see us! We’re located on Asheville Highway, northwest of downtown Spartanburg, just past Hearon Circle.
7515 Asheville Hwy.
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 11:45 AM
Sign up through text or email to access our recycling perks! You could receive special offers to earn more money for your scrap metal, unique product giveaways or invitations to customer events.
Stay ConnectedSign up with CMC Recycling to stay in touch! We’ll send pricing updates, specials on scrap metal and notices on upcoming special events (and don't worry, we won’t share your information with any third parties).
To receive text messages from CMC Recycling Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy, text CMCASH to 855.431.1311(standard message delivery and data rates may apply per your carrier and related service agreements).
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 2.95/LB
- No. 2 Copper 2.75/LB
- LT Copper call for pricing
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% 1.45/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% 0.70/LB
- Yellow Brass 1.80/LB
- Red Brass 2.00/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) call for pricing
- Brass Radiators 1.50/LB
- Irony Brass Radiators 0.70/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.30/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.40/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.30/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.40/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.37/LB
- 6061 Alum (no plate/sheet) 0.45/LB
- 6063 Aluminum 0.48/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.65/LB
- Irony Aluminum (include attachments) 0.15/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.50/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 1.30/LB
- Aluminum Coolers 0.20/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel 0.21/LB
- Clean Lead 0.30/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.06/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- Shredder Tin 5.00/CWT
- Whole Auto Bodies 6.50/CWT
- Long Iron/#1 and #2 HMS Unprepared 5.00/CWT
- Short Iron #2 HMS Prepared 5.50/CWT
All recycling customers will be required to present a U.S. government-issued driver’s license or a South Carolina state identification card. The state of South Carolina requires that all copper items recycled be paid in the form of a check. All other commodities can be paid in cash through our ATM, unless it exceeds the maximum ATM limit, in which case other arrangements will be made.
To recycle and be reimbursed for any non-ferrous items (such as copper, brass, any aluminum other than aluminum cans, etc.), South Carolina state law requires that you have a permit issued free of charge by the sheriff’s office in your county of residence.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials: Containers with free-flow liquids (paint, oil, gasoline, etc)
- Flammable or combustible material
- Fluorescent light bulbs or ballast
- This list in not intended to be all-inclusive. Please call to verify any questionable material.
"I have been selling my recyclables here for a couple of years now and the staff are always friendly and professional. Everything has always gone smoothly."