For over 50 years, our goal at CMC Recycling in Chattanooga has been to provide the best scrap metal recycling services to our customers. With a highly trained staff, a clean facility and crane-assisted unloading as needed, we are fully prepared to meet all your metal recycling needs.
We offer full service options for both ferrous and non-ferrous materials, remaining committed to the environmentally conscious reuse and recycling of scrap metal. Our clean, professional facilities can ship as well as receive by truck, rail and barge. The areas we serve include Southeastern Tennessee, Northwestern Georgia and Northeastern Alabama within a 100-mile radius of Chattanooga.
Supporting the community in which we live and work is important to our team, and we are a long-time supporter of the Siskin Children’s Institute.
Come visit us right off I-24! We look forward to working with you on all your scrap metal recycling needs.
Stay ConnectedSign up with CMC Recycling to stay in touch! We’ll send pricing updates, specials on scrap metal and notices on upcoming special events (and don't worry, we won’t share your information with any third parties).
To receive text messages from CMC Recycling Chattanooga, text CMCCHAT to 24587(standard message delivery and data rates may apply per your carrier and related service agreements).
Last updated: 1/11/2021 10:53:49 AM CT
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 3.04/LB
- No. 2 Copper 2.80/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #1 1.78/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #2 1.09/LB
- Low Grade Insulated Wire 0.66/LB
- Yellow Brass 1.90/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) 1.02/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.37/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.40/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.37/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.46/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.49/LB
- Aluminum Copper Radiators call for pricing
- Aluminum Coolers 0.42/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.61/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel 0.47/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.17/LB
- Catalytic Converters call for pricing
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- Shredder Tin 8.50/CWT
- Long Iron/#1 and #2 HMS Unprepared 9.00/CWT
- Short Iron/#2 HMS Prepared 10.50/CWT
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Cylinders or other containers of compressed gas (including propane)
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- PCB containing materials such as capacitors or light ballasts
- Liquids of any type
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
"I have been a customer for decades and appreciate CMC's excellent service. Their staff are professional and trustworthy and I have benefited from their consistently strong market rates."