CMC Recycling in Charlotte, North Carolina is your reliable solution for scrap metal recycling, serving the Charlotte metropolitan area for more than 80 years.
Strategically located just outside of downtown Charlotte, our fully-paved and clean yard is fully equipped to meet all your scrap metal recycling needs. We strive to make your experience with us efficient, safe and prompt. Our dedicated scrap metal experts provide solutions for your unique recycling needs. We offer service to individuals, small businesses and industrial-sized accounts, combining great customer service and pricing, along with certified weight scales and an easy payment process.
As a member of the Recycling Association of North Carolina (RANC), we are committed to recycling to improve the communities in which we live and work. Visit us today to learn how you can contribute to recycling as well as earn extra cash for your scrap.
419 Atando Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28206
Monday - Friday
7:45 AM - 4:00 PM
Sign up through text or email to access our recycling perks! You could receive special offers to earn more money for your scrap metal, unique product giveaways or invitations to customer events.
Stay ConnectedSign up with CMC Recycling to stay in touch! We’ll send pricing updates, specials on scrap metal and notices on upcoming special events (and don't worry, we won’t share your information with any third parties).
To receive text messages from CMC Recycling Charlotte, text CMCCLT to 855.431.1311(standard message delivery and data rates may apply per your carrier and related service agreements).
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 3.40/LB
- No. 2 Copper 3.10/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% 1.15/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% 0.50/LB
- Yellow Brass 1.90/LB
- Red Brass 2.15/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) call for pricing
- Brass Radiators 1.45/LB
- Irony Brass Radiators 0.45/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.30/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.20/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.20/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.40/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.40/LB
- 6061 Alum (no plate/sheet) 0.25/LB
- 6063 Aluminum 0.55/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.60/LB
- Irony Aluminum (include attachments) 0.20/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.60/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 1.40/LB
- Aluminum Coolers 0.25/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel 0.30/LB
- Clean Lead 0.30/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.10/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- #1 Prepared 5.00/CWT
- #1 Unprepared 4.50/CWT
- #2 Prepared 5.00/CWT
- #2 Unprepared 4.50/CWT
- Shred/Tin 3.50/CWT
- Cast Iron 5.00/CWT
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
- Containers with free-flow liquids (paint, oil, gasoline, etc)
- Flammable or combustible material
- Fluorescent light bulbs or ballast
- This list in not intended to be all-inclusive. Please call to verify any questionable material.
"Great! Everyone from the front to the back was friendly as all get-out... love this place."