CMC’s South Austin recycling location has been serving the greater south Austin area for 35 years. Individual customers who visit our facility will benefit from our industry leading services, competitive pricing and dedicated and experience team of professionals ready to provide excellent customer service. Our primarily concrete facility and 13-acre footprint means customers will have plenty of space to carry out their recycling with minimal disruption.
In addition, we’re one of the only metal recyclers in the area with a fleet of our own trucks and trailers, capable of handling industrial work and larger projects. We’re capable of various large-scale projects, mobilizing the right trucks, trailers or roll-off boxes, along with employees if needed, to ensure that even the most challenging of projects is handled quickly, safely and professionally.
We’re more than happy to work with any customer to get the best value for their scrap metal. Come see us, located just west of I-35 on Industrial.
Last updated: 2/25/2021 11:06:33 AM CT
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 3.47/LB
- No. 2 Copper 3.26/LB
- LT Copper 3.26/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% call for pricing
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% call for pricing
- Yellow Brass 2.05/LB
- Red Brass 2.22/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) call for pricing
- Brass Radiators 1.75/LB
- Irony Brass Radiators 1.10/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.50/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.39/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.45/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.41/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.41/LB
- 6061 Alum (no plate/sheet) 0.56/LB
- 6063 Aluminum 0.56/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.56/LB
- Irony Aluminum (include attachments) 0.36/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.61/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 1.49/LB
- Aluminum Coolers 0.41/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel 0.65/LB
- Clean Lead 0.51/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.12/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- #1 Prepared 11.00/CWT
- #1 Unprepared 10.50/CWT
- Cast Iron 6.25/CWT
- Shred/Tin 8.00/CWT
Customers must have either a valid ID issued by the State of Texas (driver’s license, Texas State ID Card or a Texas License to Carry Handgun), or a valid military ID. ID’s must be state-issued Texas IDs.
CMC Recycling pays immediately for all materials, so you won’t have to wait for your money. However, we are subject to various regulations and if this is your first visit we may be required by law to issue a check for payment.
Customers with a physical address will be able to apply for a Cash Transaction Card that will then allow them to receive cash for all items on future visits. Otherwise, customers will be paid via check for certain materials.
Many items, including aluminum cans, certain types of steel and stainless steel, have no regulations or special requirements. However, certain types of scrap material require documentation or proof of ownership in order to sell. These include bronze material, copper or brass, lead and other regulated metals.
If you have any questions, we recommend you give us a call to verify any existing regulations prior to bringing your scrap to our facility.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs Ballasts
- Cylinders or other containers of compressed gas (including propane)
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- PCB containing materials such as capacitors or light ballasts
- Lead iron pipes
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
"They are the cleanest metal recycling facility in our area."