CMC’s South Austin recycling location has been serving the greater south Austin area for 35 years. Individual customers who visit our facility will benefit from our industry leading services, competitive pricing and dedicated and experience team of professionals ready to provide excellent customer service. Our primarily concrete facility and 13-acre footprint means customers will have plenty of space to carry out their recycling with minimal disruption.
In addition, we’re one of the only metal recyclers in the area with a fleet of our own trucks and trailers, capable of handling industrial work and larger projects. We’re capable of various large-scale projects, mobilizing the right trucks, trailers or roll-off boxes, along with employees if needed, to ensure that even the most challenging of projects is handled quickly, safely and professionally.
We’re more than happy to work with any customer to get the best value for their scrap metal. Come see us, located just west of I-35 on Industrial.
Last updated: 8/11/2022 2:26:29 PM CT
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper call for pricing
- No. 2 Copper call for pricing
- LT Copper call for pricing
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% call for pricing
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% call for pricing
- Yellow Brass call for pricing
- Red Brass call for pricing
- Refinery Brass (>50%) call for pricing
- Brass Radiators call for pricing
- Irony Brass Radiators call for pricing
- Aluminum Cans call for pricing
- Sheet Aluminum call for pricing
- Cast Aluminum call for pricing
- PTD Aluminum Siding call for pricing
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) call for pricing
- 6061 Alum (no plate/sheet) call for pricing
- 6063 Aluminum call for pricing
- Clean Aluminum Wheels call for pricing
- Irony Aluminum (include attachments) call for pricing
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers call for pricing
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) call for pricing
- Aluminum Coolers call for pricing
- 304 Stainless Steel call for pricing
- Clean Lead call for pricing
- Lead Batteries - Automotive call for pricing
Customers must have either a valid ID issued by the State of Texas (driver’s license, Texas State ID Card or a Texas License to Carry Handgun), or a valid military ID. ID’s must be state-issued Texas IDs.
CMC Recycling pays immediately for all materials, so you won’t have to wait for your money. However, we are subject to various regulations and if this is your first visit we may be required by law to issue a check for payment.
Customers with a physical address will be able to apply for a Cash Transaction Card that will then allow them to receive cash for all items on future visits. Otherwise, customers will be paid via check for certain materials.
Many items, including aluminum cans, certain types of steel and stainless steel, have no regulations or special requirements. However, certain types of scrap material require documentation or proof of ownership in order to sell. These include bronze material, copper or brass, lead and other regulated metals.
If you have any questions, we recommend you give us a call to verify any existing regulations prior to bringing your scrap to our facility.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs Ballasts
- Cylinders or other containers of compressed gas (including propane)
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- PCB containing materials such as capacitors or light ballasts
- Lead iron pipes
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
"Great place... Everyone is always really nice and courteous... My favorite place to recycle."