Located less than one mile from Elon University, CMC Recycling in Burlington serves Alamance County and all surrounding counties, providing full-service metal scrap recycling for industrial, small businesses and individuals.
When you visit, you will find courteous, knowledgeable experts ready to help you with loads of any size, large or small. We are truly your recycling partner, here to help you leverage the highest value for your unique scrap metal recycling needs. Our yard is clean, fast and secure, offering a customer unloading area that is safe and efficient. Walk-in customers are always welcome!
CMC Recycling is a proud member of Alamance Chamber of Commerce. Our dedicated team of professionals strives to make a difference in our community through community involvement and environmental stewardship.
2600 Park Rd. Ext.
Burlington, NC 27215
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sign up through text or email to access our recycling perks! You could receive special offers to earn more money for your scrap metal, unique product giveaways or invitations to customer events.
Stay ConnectedSign up with CMC Recycling to stay in touch! We’ll send pricing updates, specials on scrap metal and notices on upcoming special events (and don't worry, we won’t share your information with any third parties).
To receive text messages from CMC Recycling Burlington, text CMCBURL to 24587(standard message delivery and data rates may apply per your carrier and related service agreements).
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 3.15/LB
- No. 2 Copper 2.90/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% 1.60/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% 1.00/LB
- Yellow Brass 1.90/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) 0.70/LB
- Brass Radiators 1.90/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.50/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.45/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.35/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.50/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.55/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.70/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.65/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 1.45/LB
- Aluminum Coolers 0.35/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel 0.55/LB
- Clean Lead 0.25/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.12/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- #1 Prepared 9.00/CWT
- #1 Unprepared 7.00/CWT
- Shred/Tin 4.00/CWT
Customers must present a valid U.S. issued driver’s license or a North Carolina state ID card. Payments for scrap reimbursement will be issued in the form of check or cash using our ATM, unless it exceeds the maximum ATM limit.
Also, state law requires current HVAC licensing to recycle HVAC related scrap.
If you have any questions, please call our office.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
- Containers with free-flow liquids (paint, oil, gasoline, etc)
- Flammable or combustible material
- Fluorescent light bulbs or ballast
- This list in not intended to be all-inclusive. Please call to verify any questionable material.
"Great people! Unbelievably nice! They volunteer to help you when they see you need some assistance. I wish every place had as good employees as CMC [Recycling] Burlington."