CMC Recycling has operated out of its current Lufkin location since 2004. In that time, we have proudly served East Texas and the greater Lufkin community, offering scrap metal recycling services throughout Angelina County.
Customers and visitors to our facility will appreciate our concrete driveways and unloading areas which are kept clean and clear of debris. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready to provide excellent customer service as they help guide you through the whole recycling process. Additionally, our recycling yard features a 70-foot scale, meaning vehicles can fit entirely on the scale along with their trailer, which helps streamline the weighing process.
We’re located just outside the loop, off Highway 59 in Lufkin. Come by and see us for any metals recycling needs and let us show you why we stand apart when it comes to recycling your scrap metal!
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper call for pricing
- No. 2 Copper call for pricing
- LT Copper call for pricing
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% call for pricing
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% call for pricing
- Red Brass call for pricing
- Yellow Brass call for pricing
- Refinery Brass (>50%) call for pricing
- Brass Radiators call for pricing
- Irony Brass Radiators call for pricing
- Aluminum Cans call for pricing
- Sheet Aluminum call for pricing
- Cast Aluminum call for pricing
- PTD Aluminum Siding call for pricing
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) call for pricing
- 6061 Alum (no plate/sheet) call for pricing
- 6063 Aluminum call for pricing
- Clean Aluminum Wheels call for pricing
- Irony Aluminum (include attachments) call for pricing
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers call for pricing
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) call for pricing
- Aluminum Coolers call for pricing
- 304 Stainless Steel call for pricing
- Clean Lead call for pricing
- Lead Batteries - Automotive call for pricing
Customers visiting us can be paid in cash or by check. However, purchases must meet all state or local scrap ordinances, and a cash card may be required to receive cash.
Please be aware that certain items are regulated, and will have extra requirements in order to recycle them. To sell regulated materials, you must be 18 years or older, show a state driver’s license or state-issued I.D. and register with CMC Recycling as a seller of material (registration includes providing vehicle information, fingerprints and photo).
The City also regulates the purchase of air conditioning parts. We cannot purchase Central A/C unit parts from any person unless they have:
- A state-issued professional HVAC license
- A refrigeration technician registration
- An original copy of a receipt or bill of sale showing person has replaced an A/C unit OR has purchased the coils
- Window units are acceptable if 100% identifiable.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Cylinders or other containers of compressed gas (including propane)
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- PCB containing materials such as capacitors or light ballasts
- Lead iron pipes
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials
"I bring a load there every week they are always friendly and helpful."