Since 1997, CMC Recycling has provided metal recycling services to the greater Spartanburg area, serving Spartanburg, Cherokee and Greenville Counties. Our experienced and knowledgeable team are committed to providing top-notch customer service, helping guide our customers through the metals recycling process in an open, transparent way.
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our facilities are kept clean and safe, and that our operations are performed in an environmentally conscious manner. We look forward to working with customers of any size, from individual retail customers through large organizations, to provide custom solutions for their scrap metals recycling needs. We’re located west of downtown, off Highway 29 on Nazareth Church Road.
2061 Nazareth Church Rd.
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sign up through text or email to access our recycling perks! You could receive special offers to earn more money for your scrap metal, unique product giveaways or invitations to customer events.
Stay ConnectedSign up with CMC Recycling to stay in touch! We’ll send pricing updates, specials on scrap metal and notices on upcoming special events (and don't worry, we won’t share your information with any third parties).
To receive text messages from CMC Recycling Spartanburg - Nazareth, text CMCSPAR to 24587(standard message delivery and data rates may apply per your carrier and related service agreements).
Nonferrous Scrap Metal Prices (Per lb)
- No. 1 Copper 2.50/LB
- No. 2 Copper 2.30/LB
- LT Copper call for pricing
- Insulated CU Wire #1 50% 1.25/LB
- Insulated CU Wire #2 40% 0.70/LB
- Yellow Brass 1.40/LB
- Red Brass 1.60/LB
- Refinery Brass (>50%) call for pricing
- Brass Radiators 1.10/LB
- Irony Brass Radiators 0.60/LB
- Aluminum Cans 0.37/LB
- Sheet Aluminum 0.20/LB
- Cast Aluminum 0.20/LB
- PTD Aluminum Siding 0.24/LB
- Aluminum Clips (MLC) 0.25/LB
- 6061 Alum (no plate/sheet) 0.23/LB
- 6063 Aluminum 0.25/LB
- Clean Aluminum Wheels 0.40/LB
- Irony Aluminum (include attachments) 0.18/LB
- Aluminum / Copper Reefers 1.00/LB
- Alum / Copper Reefers (w/FE) 0.85/LB
- Aluminum Coolers 0.20/LB
- 304 Stainless Steel 0.30/LB
- Clean Lead 0.35/LB
- Lead Batteries - Automotive 0.20/LB
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices
- #1 Prepared 9.00/CWT
- #1 Unprepared 6.00/CWT
- #2 Prepared 9.00/CWT
- #2 Unprepared 6.00/CWT
- Cast Iron 6.00/CWT
- Shred/Tin 6.50/CWT
All recycling customers will be required to present a U.S. government-issued driver’s license or a South Carolina state identification card. The state of South Carolina requires that payment for all copper items recycled be in the form of a check. All other commodities can be paid in cash through our ATM, unless it exceeds the maximum ATM limit, in which case other arrangements will be made.
In order to recycle and be reimbursed for any non-ferrous items (such as copper, brass, any aluminum other than aluminum cans, etc.), South Carolina state law requires that you have a permit, issued free of charge by the sheriff’s office in your county of residence.
We Don't Accept
- Hazardous waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs
- Radioactive materials
- Mercury / mercury switches
- Sealed containers
- Liquids of any type
- Radioactive materials
- Flammable materials
- Trash, garbage, concrete and other non-recyclable items
- Broken, cracked, or leaking batteries
- Office machines and electronic equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, scanners, computers and monitors
- Materials with strong or objectionable odors
- Materials containing asbestos
- Unidentifiable materials: Containers with free-flow liquids (paint, oil, gasoline, etc)
- Flammable or combustible material
- Fluorescent light bulbs or ballast
- This list in not intended to be all-inclusive. Please call to verify any questionable material.
"It was great"